Saturday, October 28, 2006

TV Show Of The Day

Believe it or not, it's just Jack from Big Wednesday

The Greatest American Hero was one of those shows that was incredibly popular, that I loved, and yet never really watched.

The problem was that it aired at 9 PM on Fridays, directly opposite Knight Rider. And as much as I loved the theme song, there was no contest.

So now it's just one of those old, forgotten early 80's shows that I think back to fondly, but can't actually recall any of the episodes. Kind of like The Fall Guy (which also had a kick ass theme song).

Speaking of theme songs, my son's new favorite song is "da moon and nordic city"...better known as Arthur's Theme by Christopher Cross.

A chip off the old block I guess, with the same guilty taste for schmaltz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Botanist said...

I always liked William Katt, especially as Jack. The Greatest American Hero aired from 1981 to 1986 and even if I watched few episodes at the time... I can't remember a single plot either!

PS: I'm ashamed to say I still have C. Cross Soundtrack vinyl somewhere at my folks' house...oh well I was a pre-teen in those early 80's...

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home